The key to finding elegance in complexity is to embrace as many people as possible. People have all different talents and perspective – very few times is one person correct in their assumptions – but as soon as you infuse diversity in the decision – you get rich, deep, and meaningful solutions.
The research behind diversity in the workplace is pretty clear. Companies that have a woman on their Board of Directors out perform companies without female leadership and teams that have diversity go even further in performance.
- How can you demonstrate the wisdom of the crowd?
- What do you need to do different in order to increase diverse thinking in your leadership?
- Who are you surrounded with and how willing are they to embrace all others in the decision making process?
- What groups could use your diversity?
- Finally, what is one way in which you can embrace the differences of others this week to keep yourself and your leadership honest?