This episode explores how we can address those in our lives that have fallen out of alignment with our expectations. A teachable moment provides the chance for you as the leader to step back and assess the situation and bring clarity to the person who is not in alignment with your norms or worse – trying to undermine the culture of your organization, classroom, division, department or company.
- Confront the situation
- Demonstrate how their behavior is impacting the situation
- Support them with expected behaviors
- Describe what you can do to support someone who’s mindset is stuck in the negative.
- List ways you can shift to teachable moments
- Describe the ways in which you can support others in fixing the problem and not fixing blame.